Sometimes you just want to stay anonymous and that’s okay. You can keep your personal information private and seperate from your domain and website by following the steps below.
Per our agreement with the suits over at the Internet Corporation of Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), we must add valid contact information to the Whois directory for each domain name you register. By purchasing Private Registration, you can hide your personal contact information and display proxy information instead.
Private Registration is available for many domain name extensions. However, some registries do not allow it. If the registry does not allow privacy, the Privacy tab is not available in the domain name’s Upgrade section of the Domain Manager.
- Log in to your Blabor.com account.
- Next to Domains, click Manage.
Which steps you’ll use next will depend on the number of domains in your account:
6 Domains or Fewer
- Select the domain name you want to use, click (Settings) and select Domain Settings.
- Under Contact Information, click Make Private.
- Click Add To Cart.
- Click Proceed to Checkout and finish your purchase.
More than 6 Domains (i.e. 7 or More)
- Select the domain name you want to add privacy to.
- In the Domain Enhancements section, under Privacy, click Add.
- From the Registration tab, select Private Registration and click Add.
- Click Checkout, then click Proceed to Checkout and finish your purchase.
It can take 24 to 48 hours for the information to display in the Whois database.